Ah, spring – the trees are treeing, the birds are birding. It’s a perfect time to put in a rebuilt heater core! It’s been some time but it’s nice to look back and see the improvements over the last couple years:
* New heater control valve – now the truck has adjustable heat – I kept the old valve but it needs to be rebuilt
* Rebuilt heater core – no more leaks and wafting antifreeze steam in the cab
* Drained and refilled radiator
* New oil and filter as well as new oil in the oil bath air filter
* Terry and I did a car clinic on Mel last year and put in a new fuel gauge meter – now I can see how far I can really go
Next up: fuel tank swap out and interior! Worth noting that people really like the patina, many urging me to not change anything. Some have even gone so far as to recommend clear coating the exterior altogether. Your thoughts?